John M. Schaffranek
Attorney Schaffranek graduated from Denison University in Granville, Ohio in 2009 with B.A. degrees in Philosophy and Political Science, with a concentration in public service. He graduated from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 2012, having chaired the Moot Court Board for the law school, and having practiced in the law school’s Family Law Clinic.
Attorney Schaffranek is the editor of Open Court, the newsletter for the GLBT Rights Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and is the former Vice-Chair of the Law-related Education Committee of the PBA, as well.
While Attorney Schaffranek serves a diverse group of clients, he is proud to cater to the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (GLBT) communities. His practice area focuses on family law matter, although he also has experience in criminal matters and civil litigation. He is admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, that the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2012
- Honors: Moot Court Board Chairman
- Honors: Practiced in the Law School's Family Law Clinic
- Denison University , Granville, Ohio
- B.A. - 2009
- Honors: Concentration in Public Service
- Major: Philosophy
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Editor of Open Court Newsletter for the GLBT Rights Committee
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Former Vice-Chair of the Law-Related Education Committee