Miami H-3 Visa Lawyers – Trainee Visas & Special Education Exchange Visitor Visas

The H-3 Trainee visa allows for United States companies to bring workers from its foreign parent company, subsidiary, or affiliate to the U.S. on a temporary basis. The reason for the visit to the United States company must be for nonacad emic business, technical, or other training; this does not include graduate medical training. The Trainee status lasts for the duration of the submitted training program, which is not to exceed two years. Recipients of the H-3 visa may be paid by the U.S. company, so long as there is no intention to employ the trainees permanently and that any productive work they do is incidental to the training they are in the country for.

Employers that seek to bring immigrants to the country under a H-3 visa must first submit an application including a detailed training syllabus. The syllabus must demonstrate that the training programs will benefit the trainees’ employment abroad. There must also be a showing that no comparable training program is available to the trainees in their home countries.

There is a similar visa called the H-3 Special Education Exchange Visitor Visa. This visa permits students and recent graduates of foreign special education programs to come to the United States to work with children afflicted with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities. The Special Education Exchange Visitor Visas are not to exceed 18 months and are limited to 50 visas per year. The application procedure for this visa is very similar to that of the H-3 Trainee visa.

When employers file for H-3 Trainee and H-3 Special Education Exchange Visitor Visas they may include multiple beneficiaries to the petition. Once the training or exchange program has been approved it may be reused for subsequent petitions. H-3 visa holder’s spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 may be admitted to the United States under a H-4 dependent status. These H-4 dependents are not allowed to work in the U.S. but are eligible to study while in the country.

Contact our South Florida Employment Based Visa Attorneys

Contact our Miami employment based visa attorneys at 305-222-7351, toll free at 1-844-VARI-LAW, or e-mail us to schedule an appointment to discuss your Dade County, Broward County, or Monroe County immigration questions and issues.

Our Miami Immigration lawyers accept immigration law cases in Miami-Dade County, Broward County and Monroe County.

Consultations are available in Miami and at several meeting locations throughout Dade and Broward Counties including Lincoln Road in Miami Beach, Galiano Street in Coral Gables, West Country Club Drive in Aventura, Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood and in the Homestead area. Appointments are also available by telephone and via Skype internet video chat.