Do I need a lawyer for a Florida domestic partnership agreement?

A Florida domestic partnership agreement is a legally binding document. This means that before signing you are going to want to make sure that the terms of the agreement are fair and something you can live with, because in the event of a split, the court will likely follow the terms of the agreement. In order to protect yourself as best as you can, it is advisable that you hire a Miami domestic partnership attorney to draft the document for you, or if you already have a document, to review it, before you sign anything. Though you do not need a Miami domestic partnership lawyer to assist you with your Florida domestic partnership agreement, you should think about what you may be giving up by choosing not to hire an attorney in this situation. You do not want to look back once your relationship has ended and regret your decision not to seek the help of an attorney for your Florida domestic partnership agreement.

If you are considering entering into a domestic partnership agreement and would like to be represented by an experienced Miami domestic partnership attorney, contact Vari & Associates. Consultations are available in Miami and at several meeting locations throughout Dade and Broward Counties including Lincoln Road in Miami Beach, West Country Club Drive in Aventura, Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood and in the Homestead area. Appointments are also available by telephone and via Skype internet video chat. Telephone our office at (305) 222-7351 or send us an email to schedule a consultation.

When scheduling a consultation, please inform the secretary if there are any pending hearings, deadlines for filing an appeal, or other reason why you may need an immediate appointment. We will do our very best to accommodate your schedule in setting an appointment.


The statements in this section are based on Florida law and have been issued to inform and not advise. The statements are general in nature and individual facts in a given case may alter their application or involve other laws not referred to here.

Back to FAQs