How to plan to co-parent with a difficult spouse in Florida?

Co-parenting isn’t easy, it takes time and effort, but in the end, it is beneficial to your children. The benefits your children will gain from your efforts to co-parent should always be kept in mind. It is not easy to forget the heartache and pain your ex may have caused you. It’s often very difficult to move on and allow your ex back into your life after your divorce, even if you do have children together. It may take time, but it is something that you have to do for the sake of your children. Especially right after a Florida divorce, it may be useful to remind yourself that even though your relationship has failed, you still have one very important thing tying you together, your children. The more you work together with your ex, for the best interest of your children, the more stable your life, and more importantly the lives of your children, will be. You want to collaborate with your ex and work with him or her to raise your children. Even though you may no longer be married, you want your children to see you as a unified front, one that above all else keeps their best interest at heart.Consultations are available in Miami and at several meeting locations throughout Dade and Broward Counties including Lincoln Road in Miami Beach, West Country Club Drive in Aventura, Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood and in the Homestead area. Appointments are also available by telephone and via Skype internet video chat. Telephone our office at (305) 222-7351 or send us an email to schedule a consultation.

When scheduling a consultation, please inform the secretary if there are any pending hearings, deadlines for filing an appeal, or other reason why you may need an immediate appointment. We will do our very best to accommodate your schedule in setting an appointment.


The statements in this section are based on Florida law and have been issued to inform and not advise. The statements are general in nature and individual facts in a given case may alter their application or involve other laws not referred to here.

Back to FAQs