Pennsylvania Woman In Prison for Interference in Child Support Case

Click below to share this on social media:

In order to have her boyfriend’s child support debt forgiven and in an effort to have him released from prison, a Bethlehem, PA woman impersonated the mother of her boyfriend’s children. As outrageous as this might sound the woman was almost successful, but fortunately she was stopped. In today’s blog, your Pennsylvania Child Support Lawyersexplain the full story.

According to court records and reports, Bethlehem resident Elisha Jean Priest was nearly able to have her boyfriend’s child support debt forgiven and have her boyfriend, Patrick Adams, released from jail by impersonating the mother of the man’s children, Melissa Moran, in a fax and phone call. Reports indicate that on April 21 she called the Northampton County Domestic Relations Office pretending to be the mother of her boyfriend’s children after he was sentenced to 30 days in jail for failing to pay child support.

As a result of her actions Adams was released from county jail. She went so far as to request that the mail for Moran be sent to her address and paid a $200 fee required to have Adams released. Upon further investigation and analysis of jailhouse phones, it was revealed that Adams and Priest had a conversation in which she told him that she was planning something to help get him out of jail.

Because of her actions, Priest was arraigned this week before District Judge Daniel Corpora on charges of forgery, unsworn falsification and criminal use of a communications device. Bail was set at $10,000, but she was unable to pay the amount and is currently in She Northampton County Prison.

We know paying child support can be tough for parents, especially those going through financial hardships, but the payments are for the kids and parents need to make every possible effort to make those payments. If you are having a hard time paying your child support obligation, there are options and you need to explore those options in order to protect yourself and your children.

To learn more about Pennsylvania child support and a possible modification of a current child support order, contact our Allegheny County child support lawyers at Lisa Marie Vari & Associates.