How Do I Change My Divorce Agreement In PA Protecting Your Family's Interests for three decades Get A Consultation

How Do I Change My Divorce Agreement In PA?

Modifying a divorce agreement can be done, but it may be more difficult than you might think if your divorce has already been finalized. If you are hoping to make changes to an agreement that has not been made binding by a judge, the process will be far less expensive and time-consuming. Continue reading to learn more about how these adjustments can be made in both situations.

Making Adjustments to an Existing Divorce Arrangement

When your divorce has already been finalized, property and assets have been distributed, and an alimony order has been determined, modifications can only be made when you file a motion to modify your PA divorce decree.

Once the motion has been filed, the goal is to convince your ex-spouse to agree to the terms of our motion. If all goes well, it should be fairly simple to attain the modification approval you need.

However, if your ex will not agree to your terms or has no inclination to negotiate the modifications you requested, then we will need to convince the judge that your request is necessary, and why.

The Finalization of Your Pennsylvania Divorce

If your divorce is still being finalized and you want to make changes to an agreement you previously came to, we will simply go back to the drawing board with your spouse and see if your spouse is willing to compromise to meet your equitable distribution or alimony modification requests.

Hopefully, this will go over smoothly and the judge will simply need to sign off on your new agreement. If your spouse is refusing to submit to your modification request, your motion to modify will be sent to the judge for a decision.

Consult with a Pennsylvania Divorce Lawyer

When you are trying to envision life following the demise of your marriage, you have the right to seek whatever arrangement will give you the opportunity to do so. If that means making modifications to a divorce agreement, then that is what needs to be done for you to move on to the next phase of your life.

You can work with a PA divorce attorney at Taybron Law Firm, LLC to accomplish this goal. Schedule your consultation today by calling our office at (412) 231-9786 or by filling out the online contact form provided at the bottom of this page.

  • “Melissa was able to help”

    - Rhonda
  • “I not only recommend attorney Melissa Lewis, but I guarantee once you have used her service you will look no further. She responds in an extreme timely matter, is very knowledgeable, and an extremely trustworthy person.”

    - Maurice B.
  • “Amazing”

    - Barbara

Taybron Law Firm, LLC Is the Right Choice for Your Family Matters

Learn more about our firm and why you should entrust our experienced legal team to handle your family law matters.

  • Supporting Active Military and Veterans
    Offering Free 30-Minute Consultations to Active Military and Veterans.
  • Experienced

    More than 30 years of combined experience practicing family law in Pennsylvania.

  • Diverse
    Attorney Melissa C. Taybron is trained as a mediator and collaborative family lawyer.
  • Complex Cases
    Experienced with high income, self employed professionals in complex support and equitable distribution cases.
  • Strong Support
    A team of senior attorneys, junior associates, paralegals and law school clerks for full legal support throughout the process.

Request a Consultation

We can further discuss the individual details of your case when you come in for your no-obligation consultation, which can be scheduled by calling our firm at (412) 231-9786 or via the quick contact form we have included at the bottom of this page.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.