blog posts

Virtual Courtroom Decorum

February 24, 2021

While news of the Cat Lawyer spread some much-needed laughter throughout the nation, other stories of virtual improprieties during courtroom hearings have not been so forgiving. The issue of decorum during virtual hearings continues to arise, causing concern over traditional notions of appropriate, courtroom conduct. Lawyers and clients alike should be reminded that a hearing, …

Child Support During the Pandemic

February 18, 2021

Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, many found it challenging to stay current on their support payments. The pandemic has spared few people in its path, affecting millions of people worldwide. While some live paycheck to paycheck, relying on government assistance, businesses are struggling to keep their door open, and many employees across the Commonwealth have …

The Importance of Minority Representation in the Legal Community

February 15, 2021

While minorities make up approximately 16% of the population in Allegheny County, the judicial system sorely lacks individuals in the judiciary that represent the community it serves. Since 1949, when Homer S. Brown was elected as the first male African American Judge in Allegheny County, few African Americans have landed a seat on the bench. …

Is a Pennsylvania divorce better than feeding your spouse to the tigers?

April 20, 2020

Whether it’s the stock market crash, a natural disaster, or a pandemic like the current coronavirus health crisis, divorcing your spouse is a stressful time, but, you do not have to feed your husband (or wife) to tigers to be free of your spouse.  Netflix’s latest documentary, Tiger King, has gained a lot of buzz …

How does the coronavirus affect my child support in Pennsylvania?

April 2, 2020

 Many Pennsylvania child custody, child support and spousal support orders will be impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.  The onset of coronavirus (COVID-19) has forced many states, including Pennsylvania, to issue stay-at-home orders, which in turn, has led businesses to shut their doors and employees to lose their jobs. Over the past two weeks, approximately 650,000 …

Warning: Use of undefined constant custom_pagination - assumed 'custom_pagination' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/pafamilylawyers/public_html/wp-content/themes/vari-law/blog.php on line 41