How To Modify Child Custody Plan In Pennsylvania Protecting Your Family's Interests for three decades Get A Consultation

How To Modify A Child Custody Plan In Pennsylvania

Coming to a child custody arrangement with your child’s other parent was more than likely difficult when you chose to live your lives separately. Sometimes, these plans need to be modified.

Perhaps you are having another child and your other children deserve to spend more quality time with their new sibling; or maybe you are working too many hours to be able to continue having your child overnight during the week.

There are countless reasons why you might need to modify an existing child custody plan, but before your new arrangement can take effect, you will need to obtain a new court order. Continue reading to learn more about the different types of custody plans you can enter into in Pennsylvania and how you can go about your custody modification.

Types of Custody Plans

For most families, a shared custody arrangement makes the most sense, as this allows both parents to make legal decisions for their children and spend as much quality time with them as possible.

However, if one parent is going to be spending less time with their children or simple does not have the inclination to take advantage of their parental rights, a partial or sole custody plan would be in the best interests of your children.

These types of arrangements can limit the amount of time one parent has with their children and places all of the legal decisions regarding the children on the custodial parent, rather than both parents working together to make such choices.

Modifying Your Child Custody Arrangement

To modify your current child custody plan in Pennsylvania, you will need to file a petition to modify in court. Hopefully, both parents can come to a new agreement and the judge will merely need to sign the new order.

But if both parents cannot come to a resolution, then the judge will need to hear from the party who is requesting the modification how the changes are in the best interests of their child or children. If the judge agrees, the new order will be enacted.

Work with a Pennsylvania Child Custody Lawyer

When you need to modify your existing child custody arrangement but need help convincing your child’s other parent that your requested changes are necessary and beneficial to your children, enlist the services of a highly trained Pennsylvania child custody attorney at Taybron Law Firm, LLC

You can call our firm at (412) 231-9786 or complete the contact form below, and we will be in touch to schedule your initial case evaluation.

  • “Melissa was able to help”

    - Rhonda
  • “I not only recommend attorney Melissa Lewis, but I guarantee once you have used her service you will look no further. She responds in an extreme timely matter, is very knowledgeable, and an extremely trustworthy person.”

    - Maurice B.
  • “Amazing”

    - Barbara

Taybron Law Firm, LLC Is the Right Choice for Your Family Matters

Learn more about our firm and why you should entrust our experienced legal team to handle your family law matters.

  • Supporting Active Military and Veterans
    Offering Free 30-Minute Consultations to Active Military and Veterans.
  • Experienced

    More than 30 years of combined experience practicing family law in Pennsylvania.

  • Diverse
    Attorney Melissa C. Taybron is trained as a mediator and collaborative family lawyer.
  • Complex Cases
    Experienced with high income, self employed professionals in complex support and equitable distribution cases.
  • Strong Support
    A team of senior attorneys, junior associates, paralegals and law school clerks for full legal support throughout the process.

Request a Consultation

We can further discuss the individual details of your case when you come in for your no-obligation consultation, which can be scheduled by calling our firm at (412) 231-9786 or via the quick contact form we have included at the bottom of this page.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.