Our Pennsylvania Family Lawyers bring you our top five divorce movies:
1. Kramer v. Kramer: the divorce movie classic! Dustin Hoffman and Diane Keaton give an Oscar Award-Winning performance in this 1979 divorce movie about a couple’s divorce and its effects on those in their lives, including their son.
2. Stepmom: A truly touching movie about a stepmother (Julia Roberts) and a mother’s struggle with cancer (Susan Sarandon) and each woman’s struggle with each other. Get the tissues ready-this one is a sure tear-jerker!
3. Liar Liar: Watch this flick to witness a hilarious Jim Carrey performance as a divorce attorney who simply cannot lie for one full day. Get ready for some serious laughs and some great courtroom scenes. “Jordan fades back, and that’s the game!”
4. Mrs. Doubtfire: Robin Williams plays both a man and woman in this family drama/comedy about a family broken by divorce, and a father who takes things a little bit too far to spend more time with his children and dresses up as a woman to pose as the children’s nanny. His transformation into “Mrs. Doubtfire” is mind-blowing and you’ll almost forget that it is a man and not a woman!
5. The First Wives Club: An all-star cast of Diane Keaton, Bette Midler, and Goldie Hawn star in this comedy about three divorced woman trying to get revenge on their ex-husbands.