Pa Child Abuse Laws Protecting Your Family's Interests for three decades Get A Consultation

Child Abuse LawS In Pittsburgh and Allegheny County

Understanding Pennsylvania child abuse laws is of importance to anyone, whether you are currently a parent or have no children. However, when your own children are being subjected to such abuse, and you suspect that their other parent is their abuser, you may be unsure of how to proceed. 

Below, we go into further detail about what constitutes child abuse in PA and what you should do if your child is being abused by their other parent. 

What Constitutes Child Abuse in Pennsylvania

In PA, any act that causes serious physical or mental injury can be considered child abuse. As you can imagine, this can take seemingly countless forms, including sexual abuse; exploitation; inflicting physical harm by hitting, punching, kicking, or biting; emotional abuse and degradation; and more. 

The Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law goes on to state that situations where any person knowingly, intentionally, or recklessly engages in these actions, or fails to stop them, will be considered child abuse.

Steps to Take if You Suspect Your Child Is Being Abused by Their Other Parent

As mentioned, if you find yourself in a situation where you suspect that your child is being abused by their other parent, you may be unsure of what to do, especially when you have an existing child custody order

If you are considering withholding visitation, modifying your child custody order, or taking out a restraining order or order of protection in order to protect your child from suffering further abuse, you may want an experienced attorney to help you ensure that these legalities process correctly so that your children are no longer subjected to such trauma. 

Reach Out to a PA Child Abuse Lawyer

If you have reason to believe that your child is being abused at the hands of their other parent and you are ready to stand up and advocate for their rights, meet with an experienced Pennsylvania family lawyer at Taybron Law Firm, LLC You can schedule your initial consultation by filling out the brief contact form below or reaching our office by phone at (412) 231-9786

  • “Melissa was able to help”

    - Rhonda
  • “I not only recommend attorney Melissa Lewis, but I guarantee once you have used her service you will look no further. She responds in an extreme timely matter, is very knowledgeable, and an extremely trustworthy person.”

    - Maurice B.
  • “Amazing”

    - Barbara

Taybron Law Firm, LLC Is the Right Choice for Your Family Matters

Learn more about our firm and why you should entrust our experienced legal team to handle your family law matters.

  • Supporting Active Military and Veterans
    Offering Free 30-Minute Consultations to Active Military and Veterans.
  • Experienced

    More than 30 years of combined experience practicing family law in Pennsylvania.

  • Diverse
    Attorney Melissa C. Taybron is trained as a mediator and collaborative family lawyer.
  • Complex Cases
    Experienced with high income, self employed professionals in complex support and equitable distribution cases.
  • Strong Support
    A team of senior attorneys, junior associates, paralegals and law school clerks for full legal support throughout the process.

Request a Consultation

We can further discuss the individual details of your case when you come in for your no-obligation consultation, which can be scheduled by calling our firm at (412) 231-9786 or via the quick contact form we have included at the bottom of this page.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.