What should I do if I am served with a divorce complaint in Miami?

If you are served with a divorce complain in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, or any other city in Florida, the first thing we recommend doing is contacting a Miami divorce attorney. Once you receive this complaint, you have 20 days to respond and then the legal process will commence. After this, you then have 45 days to complete a process known as Mandatory Disclosure, which requires an individual to present the other side with a significant amount of paper work, mostly related to finances. The earlier in the process you hire an attorney, the better it will be for you. A Miami divorce attorney will inform you of your rights and assist you with the long process ahead.If you are facing a Florida divorce, and would like to speak with one of our Miami divorce attorneys, contact Vari & Associates. Consultations are available in Miami and at several meeting locations throughout Dade and Broward Counties including Lincoln Road in Miami Beach, West Country Club Drive in Aventura, Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood and in the Homestead area. Appointments are also available by telephone and via Skype internet video chat. Telephone our office at (305) 222-7351 or send us an email to schedule a consultation.

When scheduling a consultation, please inform the secretary if there are any pending hearings, deadlines for filing an appeal, or other reason why you may need an immediate appointment. We will do our very best to accommodate your schedule in setting an appointment.


The statements in this section are based on Florida law and have been issued to inform and not advise. The statements are general in nature and individual facts in a given case may alter their application or involve other laws not referred to here.

Back to FAQs